We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Question: Bar near Seafood Restaurant

Clayton, North...
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Quick Question: Bar near Seafood Restaurant

We ate at the "Seafood Rest" down by the water behind the R&A in 2005...Was not to impressed and will not be going back next year...anyway... On the way out of the Seafood Rest we ran into a young couple going into the bar located just next to the fancy smancy Seafood rest.

Can not for the life of me remember what the name of that place was but it had ice cold beer and we went back the next evening for some "affordable bar food" and some great conversation....Does anyone know the name of the place I am thinking of.....Thanks..and I hope it is still there...

Glasgow
Level Contributor
539 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Question: Bar near Seafood Restaurant

Not sure but would it be Ma Bells?

standrews-golf.co.uk/hoteltour/mabells.htm

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Question: Bar near Seafood Restaurant

Ma Belles is not directly alongside the Seafood restaurant. It's up the mound and over the road. But it does meet the rest of the description. There are also a couple of bars on Golf Place and the Scores.

I'm kind of stumped by the 'just next to' . The only place 'just next to' the Seafood restaurant is the Aquarium. That has a coffee/restaurant area but I wouldn't have called it a bar. Or am I missing something?

Bedford
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick Question: Bar near Seafood Restaurant

LOL.....the aquarium is located next to the seafood restaurant....now thats perverse...lol

Clayton, North...
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick Question: Bar near Seafood Restaurant

GoGolf

I thought you might know....But yes, that's right, it was the Aquarium. I may have had to much to drink, but I am sure when we were there in 2005 we had come back down the mound the next evening and had a few beers at that location. Believe me theres nothing else around the Seafood Rest.

The views were impressive out across the water. Sorry for wasting you guys time..But yes it was the Aquarium.....anyway thanks and I'll stay away from the alcohol this next trip.

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick Question: Bar near Seafood Restaurant

At least we found the right place. I have never been inside the Aquarium but I hadn't associated it as a bar place - I shall have to have a look!

St Andrews
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick Question: Bar near Seafood Restaurant

The Bar there is called 'The Catch' beach bar. I lived here for a year and a half before I found it. It has outdoor decking on the beach and an indoor part too.

You can see it in this picture:

www.standrewsaquarium.co.uk/catch-about/

I'm not 100% sure it's open all year round.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick Question: Bar near Seafood Restaurant

What a pity you didn't like my favourite restaurant, I wouldn't miss The Seafood Restaurant when in St Andrews, such fresh food but I can understand if you are used to American size helpings you might be underwhelmed. We were in Florida for a golfing trip last year and couldn't believe the amount of food on our plates (and hated the waste). We loved Naples though

Clayton, North...
Level Contributor
81 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quick Question: Bar near Seafood Restaurant

I have to agree Americans want to see twice as much as they can actually consume, that's why we are all a little oversized. At the Seafodd Rest. the food was excellent, service great, and the view was impressive but with the exchange rate in 2005 (2.05) we paid about $200 for just the two of us. I guess I would not reccomend to the golfing buddies. Maybe a great place to take your wife for a special meal, but when you grow up in coastal town of the US The Seafood Rest. is way overpriced.$$$$

Glad you enjoyed Naples, it is one of the nicer parts of Florida, with some great golf. Hope you cam return to visit North Carolina / Pinehurst Area to play some golf.

9. Re: Quick Question: Bar near Seafood Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 17, 2010