We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How far are the Kelpies from the Falkirk train station?

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,072 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
How far are the Kelpies from the Falkirk train station?

We saw them from the train from Edinburgh to Glasgow, after we left Falkirk High station, so it couldn't be too far. Would Falkirk Grahamston be closer? Is it a bad walk through industrial areas or a nice walk through neighborhoods. We don't mind walking a couple of miles.

Or would it be better to get ourselves to the Falkirk wheel and then rent bikes to ride to the Kelpies? Is there a bike path along the canal? I believe I saw mention of that somewhere, maybe on the Helix website, along with a bike hire place near the Wheel. But I always like to ask for local knowledge and tips. We will be staying in Glasgow.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How far are the Kelpies from the Falkirk train station?

Hi!

I posted a reply to this earlier but it doesn't appear to have arrived. Apologies if it now appears twice.

According to Google maps, Falkirk Grahamston station is 1.4 miles from The Helix/Kelpies. I tried to post the link but it looks a bit odd. Just type in the name of the station and The Helix and voila!

If you go to www.thehelix.co.uk and click on the tab 'things to do' it comes up with the cycling options.

I found this link to electric bike hire at The Helix.

www.easygoebikes.com/bike-hire/4583358354

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Emelda

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
9,072 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How far are the Kelpies from the Falkirk train station?

Thank you again. And I apologize for the double post. My original question ( my other post) did not appear on the forum for hours, so I tried again. Now they both show up!

So Cal
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How far are the Kelpies from the Falkirk train station?

I wanted to ask about the walk to the kelpies as well since I'll be on my own. It looks like the bus goes from Grahamston to Grangemouth at West mains industrial. How is the walk from there? Can anyone comment?

Thanks!

Edited: 9:27 pm, December 10, 2014
Linlithgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How far are the Kelpies from the Falkirk train station?

Any Grangemouth bus will drop you within 5 minutes of the Kelpies.

5. Re: How far are the Kelpies from the Falkirk train station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, January 04, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Falkirk