We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery store near St Giles?

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery store near St Giles?

I'm planning to book a flat across from St Giles and am hoping there's a supermarket or grocery store not too far away.

Tell me we won't be schlepping our groceries on the bus!

Thanks!!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Grocery store near St Giles?

Pixie,remember to take your children to the Museum of Childhood.It is on the Royal mile about 300yards from were you are staying.I am sure they can walk that and it's all down hill.some great stuff there that all the family will get a kick out of,and the best thing ? it's free.

next door is a homemade fudge shop (type of candy) were you can see the fudge being poured and cut,you also get free samples ,wonderful stuff.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Grocery store near St Giles?

here is a web site to help you get the most out of where you are staying.

http://www.edinburgh-royalmile.com/

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Grocery store near St Giles?

Thanks unclegus, for the link and the tip about the fudge shop...that'll get them going!

14. Re: Grocery store near St Giles?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 18, 2009