We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edinburgh Airport: "shop & collect service" at Duty/tax free

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Edinburgh Airport: "shop & collect service" at Duty/tax free

Does anyone know much about this service? e.g what can i leave to collect on my return from Turkey?

thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,536 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Edinburgh Airport: "shop & collect service" at Duty/tax free

I use it regularly, anything that is available in the airport shops can be bought and opicked up at the counter near domestic arrivals on your way home. I have only ever used it for whisky but i am pretty sure you can get whatever is available in the shops

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edinburgh Airport: "shop & collect service" at Duty/tax free

Thanks for this Gus, where are you off to this year???

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
41,009 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Edinburgh Airport: "shop & collect service" at Duty/tax free

edinburghairport.com/shopping-and-eating/sho…

>>Shop & Collect is a FREE service, available when you are flying to the EU (including flights within the UK). <<

Not for flying outside the EU so not for you unfortunately.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
17,158 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edinburgh Airport: "shop & collect service" at Duty/tax free

Get your drink and tobacco at the Duty Free at the Airport in Turkey before you leave for Edinburgh.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Edinburgh Airport: "shop & collect service" at Duty/tax free

Hi Frances, looks like this will be the plan, also intend getting some on entering Turkey too, as i dont have a clue as to what they are charging in turkish supermarkets for whiskey, vodka etc

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
17,158 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Edinburgh Airport: "shop & collect service" at Duty/tax free

Where are you going in Turkey? Spirits are very expensive in the Supermarkets and shops in Turkey usually about double the the U.K. price, so buy your alcohol at the Duty Free in your Turkish Destination Airport. If you are flying into Dalaman there is a Duty Free at the luggage carousels that is open 24/7. Buy your drink there or get it at Edinburgh before you leave, or on the plane. Remember if you are from Edinburgh that Whiskey is Irish, Whisky is Scottish.

Do not buy anything from snacks outlets in your Turkish Airport, they are extremely expensive, even for a bottle water, also do not change money at the Turkish airports either.

Edited: 12:06 pm, January 25, 2014
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Edinburgh Airport: "shop & collect service" at Duty/tax free

Frances,

I meant whisky (should know this eh?) we are going to Bodrum thiks time round, couldn't get what i was looking for in Fethiye/OluDeniz this time round, hopefully, when i get back from Gumbet, we will rebook another holiday, and study more for Fethiye, as i would love to visit this area.

Will buy stuff in Edinburgh, then again at Bodrum

8. Re: Edinburgh Airport: "shop & collect service" at Duty/tax free

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 27, 2015