We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hogmanay 2013

Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Hogmanay 2013

My friends & I are heading to Hogmanay in Edinburgh for New Year's Eve. A few people have told me to try & buy tickets to a pub/club to guarantee entry once the street festival is over. There's obviously loads of pubs & clubs in & around the festival area but I can't find anything on any of their websites that refer to purchasing tickets. Can anyone recommend a good venue? Hoping to keep it relatively cheap, maybe £20 or less?

Thank you

edinburgh
Level Contributor
241 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hogmanay 2013

the only places that will be selling tickets are the night clubs & in my opinion really arnt worth the money.

nearly every pub in the city centre will be open till 3am, if you want to get into one without queuing you'll need to pretty quick after midnight. my personal choice would be the grassmarket but it will be a good atmosphere wherever you end up.

Broxburn, United...
Level Contributor
672 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hogmanay 2013

Have a brilliant time where ever you end up.

Mags

3. Re: Hogmanay 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 31, 2014