We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advise for 7 days

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Peterborough...
7 posts
Save Topic
Advise for 7 days

Hi

My Gf and myself ( late 20’s) are planning for a vacation in scotlans for 7 days. We are palnning to come 4th Oct i.e friday to edinburgh and stay in Premier Inn hotel Edinburgh park - The Gyle from 4th till 8th i.e Monday. We paln to see most of attractions in Edinburgh in these days and what are written in THINGS TO DO section of edinburgh.

Then we plan to hire a car and travel Monday morning to St andrews and spend half day there ( ?? dont know how much time it will atke to travel to St andrews from edinburgh).

Then in the evening go to Inverness and stay overnight there. Also plan to go to Loch Ness while we are there. Can some one advise a good place to stay there and what things we can can do and see while we are there. Also how many days we should stay there.

Then we plan to go to Skye and see things there ( ?? again dont know what to do there and if a stay there would eb any good)

Then we plan to come along west coast to Mull/Oban ( Which is better and what to do there)

Then come back to Glasgow and stay overnight and do the Hip-hop bus tour in the morning of Thursday i.e 10th october as we plan to fly to Birmigham that evening?

Can anybody advise if this is a good plan and how to balance days and which place is better for over night stay or in terms of travelling ( if long distance travelling is involved).

We have 7 days to roam around. If anybody has better suggestions that is much appreciated as I have just been through few forums and think this is a good plan. We are flexible to going around places as long as we can enjoy

Peterborough...
7 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Advise for 7 days

I had a look at Destiny Scotland - Rose Street Flats on Princess street. Anybody have any ideas if any good?

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
4,077 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Advise for 7 days

It You are on a budget have a look at the Travel Lodge just of Princes Street which is within walking distance of just about everything in the central area and 'Old' & New' towns and handy for the main train/bus station.

13. Re: Advise for 7 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 17, 2014