We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

carrental.om

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jonesborough...
1 post
Save Topic
carrental.om

Trying to rent a ar this summer in edinburgh for some time in Scotland with family. Has anyone heard good or ill on Hertz rentals at Edinburgh airport, or renting from carrental.com?

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: carrental.om

I have rented directly from Hertz a few times, UK and abroad and have no bad words to say about them.

However look at this recent thread and judge for yourself:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186525-i108-k61…

... a poster new to TA who posted about Hertz on three forums and hasn't been back to add any more detail. All I'd say is be very careful about checking any car when you pick it up, and be equally careful about what the basic and CDW insurance do or don't cover.

I have not used carrental.com, the're simply one of many broker/agents. I doubt i would make any difference to Hertz if you book via a 3rd party, but personally I prefer to deal directly because the situation is simpler if anything does go wrong.

Hertz and Avis are obviously the big boys. You might consider Europcar or Enterprise; both operate from the airport or in town, I think.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Madison
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: carrental.om

I've rented from Hertz in the US and in the UK many times with no problems. They are not always the cheapest.

3. Re: carrental.om

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 05, 2014