We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
29 reviews
parking

hi were staying at princes st suites week after next and just wondered if anyone knows of cheap parking for 1 night nearby cheers

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,676 posts
241 reviews
1. Re: parking

Hi. What day of the week? Saturday after 6.30ish until Monday 08.00ish you can park for free on the streets nearby. Otherwise you'll be looking at £20-odd at one of the big NCP carparks nearby. Abs :)

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
30,417 posts
2. Re: parking

What days are you staying as except for after 6:30pm on Saturdays until 8:00am Monday there is no such thing as cheap parking in central Edinburgh.

If I was you I'd take the train.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
87 reviews
3. Re: parking

There are apperently cheap deals at the carpark behind Waverley station, but when I looked I got prices similar to other carparks.

Burnley
Level Contributor
69 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: parking

Have just used the website park at my house, I will be in Edinburgh for5 days for an Easter break, booked a parking space on a gated drive for £18 for 5 days, got good reviews but is a 1.5 miles from centre,it's on a bus route but figured a taxi would cost less than approx £20 a day for parking.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: parking

Hi thanks for your reply it will be wednesday when we are there for one night

Girvan, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
31 reviews
6. Re: parking

I have just returned from Edinburgh and got parking from the fri - sun for £7!!! By booking online at the waverly train station car park. Lots of traffic wardens about checking cars parked on street.

Inverness
Level Contributor
179 posts
47 reviews
7. Re: parking

they call them the blue meanies! they're everywhere!

Scotland
Level Contributor
76 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: parking

We would also recommend https:/…

You can also park for free on street at the end of the controlled zone (approx 1.5 miles from the centre)

Tucson, Arizona...
Level Contributor
17 posts
20 reviews
9. Re: parking

So, I am going to be in Edinburgh from Friday late afternoon to Tuesday morning next month. I haven't booked my room yet, due to this parking question. Saturday I will be in town all day, Sunday and Monday I am driving around to castles, etc outside of the city and Tuesday morning I will be leaving. The room I am looking at is by Home St and Brougham. I am guessing I could park on the street Friday evening through Monday morning, but then what do I do for the rest of Monday and Tuesday? Can I park at a Park and Ride overnight? Is that bus really only 1 pound?

How hard is it going to be to get a free space on the street Friday to Monday anyhow?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
30,417 posts
10. Re: parking

Can I park at a Park and Ride overnight? You could, whether it will still be there the next day is another question

Is that bus really only 1 pound? No, it's £1.50 - £3.50 for a day ticket

Assuming you are willing to park in a street somewhere your best option is to go outside the parking zones area.

http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/parking