We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shops that sell clan products in Edinburgh?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
shops that sell clan products in Edinburgh?

I am hoping someone can recomend 1 or more shops I can visit whilst in Edinburgh in early May this year? I have been searching n the internet but can only really come up with a whole heap of online shops- which I can buy from whilst sitting in my loungeroom here!!! I want to be able to go to a shop in Edinburgh and actually look at the products and then pick! old fashioned I know, but that is what I am hoping to do. I am thinking more along the lines of clan cufflinks and some sort of female jewellery or scarf...any ideas pretty please?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shops that sell clan products in Edinburgh?

You are in luck! Edinburgh has many, many such shops :)

In particular, you should check the Royal Mile - the main route towards the castle. Have a look on Google street-view and you'll get an idea of how many.

http://goo.gl/maps/UANLD

My advice would be to walk up this road and visit the shops that offer what you're looking for - and most will sell cuff-links, scarves and jewellery.

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shops that sell clan products in Edinburgh?

Try Hector Russell on Princes street (the main shopping street) http://www.hector-russell.com/ or the tourist centre a little further out of the city centre at Leith Mills simplythebestdestinations.co.uk/Scotland/15L…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shops that sell clan products in Edinburgh?

Thanx for the info- i am loooking to get some clan cufflinks for my son and something for my daughter.... google has not been my friend for this! ;-) only showed me online shops. I want to go in and have a look :)

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,422 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shops that sell clan products in Edinburgh?

There can be a lot of tacky stuff on sale, so check or ask where the product you want to buy has been made. A lot of stuff is made in China, so, if you want a real Scottish souvenir be aware of this.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shops that sell clan products in Edinburgh?

thanks- yes I am trying to be aware and get authentic stuff. I really would like to get osme things with the family crest on them :) we are also spending 1 night in St Andrews if there is anything there?

Russell, Kansas
Level Contributor
586 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shops that sell clan products in Edinburgh?

If you do end up in one of the tat shops, try to find Nanne Scots (or however it is spelt!) It is on the lower end of the mile, I think no far from St. Mary's street. The lady that runs the shop is a Campbell and loves to talk. The other shops have the same stuff, but are mostly run by foreigners.

7. Re: shops that sell clan products in Edinburgh?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 20, 2014