We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport hotel

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Airport hotel

Hi guys. I'm looking to book an airport hotel and wondered if anyone knew which, if any, provided buses to the airport or if I'd need to book a taxi. I was thinking about the Novtel at Edinburgh Park - do you know if theres a bus to get from there to the airport?

Thanks!

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,352 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport hotel

The Hilton and the Quality Inn are both at the airport and both have a shuttle service AFAIK. The Travelodge is a few minutes in a taxi.

I don't think the Novotel has a shuttle. It's not really an airport hotel

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
336 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport hotel

You can get the 35 bus from close to the hotel-£1.40 or a taxi if outside bus hours. the hilton is 2 mins from the airport and has a shuttle bus. The Quality hotel is also nearby and has a minibus

Oops-posted at the same time as above

Edited: 8:36 am, February 04, 2013
Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport hotel

Thanks - just spied a pretty good deal on the Hilton so might plump for there.

If we stay at the airport, I assume there's public transport straight from the airport if we wanted to go into the City Centre for the night?

Thanks again

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,034 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport hotel

You can actually walk from the Hilton to the terminal in 5 minutes.

There are regular buses to Edinburgh, eithe rthe 35 as mentioned above which will take ages but is cheaper than the 100 Airlink bus which will take you to Waverley in around 30 minutes.

£1.40 each way on the #35 or £3.50 single/£6 return for the #100

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,650 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport hotel

Even if you are travelling at stupid-o-clock there's little need to stay at the airport. the centre of Edinburgh is 20 minutes away so you could stay centrally and take the airport bus to the airport early the next day

lothianbuses.com/timetables-tickets-maps/…100

Outside those hours the N22 goes to & from the airport

lothianbuses.com/timetables-tickets-maps/rou…

Inverness
Level Contributor
179 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport hotel

we always stay at the dakota in edinburgh we normally drive down but they do have a courtesy bus too its a fab hotel ..........

Scotland
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport hotel

Thanks everyone - my OH went and booked the Airport Hilton before I got a chance to come back on here so we're there now. Probably will venture into the city for dinner at night though.

Thanks! :)

8. Re: Airport hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 09, 2014