We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is June just a "busy time " for Edinburgh ?

Bloomington...
3 posts
Save Topic
Is June just a "busy time " for Edinburgh ?

I am planning to visit Edinburgh in June ,my dates are flexible, but it

seems that many of the hotels are already booked! At least my first picks. Is there some event going on like a Convention, or festival or is it just a peak travel time? Traveling 2 adults and 15 year old son.

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
300 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is June just a "busy time " for Edinburgh ?

August is the busy time in Edinburgh but it does have a lot of visitors year round.

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,522 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is June just a "busy time " for Edinburgh ?

Nothing special happening in June.

What's your budget per night in GBP?

Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is June just a "busy time " for Edinburgh ?

The Edinburgh International Film Festival takes place in June. That is why the hotels will be booked up...

Mentioned in this post
The Edinburgh Lodge
The Edinburgh Lodge
238 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Kuching
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is June just a "busy time " for Edinburgh ?

August is the 'busiest' however June and July are also peak months.

Nothing special happening in June? I'd disagree - Edinburgh international film festival is on 19th-30th

http://www.edfilmfest.org.uk/

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,895 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is June just a "busy time " for Edinburgh ?

June is a popular month for hoiidays, the weather should be warmer,(note I say should) the nights lovely and long, particularly good if tourists want to take bus trips out of town and see all the scenery as it stays light until after 10.00pm in fact, in some parts of Scotland it never really gets truely dark.

Also, a lot of Brits take advantage of the fact that the children are all still at school, so, we can have a chld free holiday. The Scottish School holidays start at the end of June, the English School Holiday's start in July.

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
The Scottish Cafe & Restaurant
The Scottish Cafe...
748 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is June just a "busy time " for Edinburgh ?

The Royal Highland Show is held at Ingliston just outside Edinburgh in June every year. I think it is on around the 20th of June for about 4 days. It is a very popular event so during this time accommodation in Edinburgh and around may get booked .

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,386 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is June just a "busy time " for Edinburgh ?

http://royalhighlandshow.org/

It is very popular especially at the weekend. Would have thought that had more influence on hotels than the Film Festival

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,895 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is June just a "busy time " for Edinburgh ?

Totally forgot about the Highland Show, I have relatives going and they have booked their accommodation already. I would think that this event would pull a lot of tourists as there is always a member of the Royal Family present.

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is June just a "busy time " for Edinburgh ?

Gloria have you thought about using a vacation rental apartment? Lots of apartments are available in the centre of Edinburgh, but you might have to Google for 'self catering' as they call it here.

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Bloomington...
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Is June just a "busy time " for Edinburgh ?

Thank you for your reply,I did just that! ! after much reading and I booked the Holyrood Apart-hotel for 9 nights it mid June! It came highly recommened by a travel agent and the reviews are mostly positive, It really was a great deal overall , compared to a Hotel room ! Location was important to us more than anything and a clean cofortable room! I think it will be great for us and I cant wait for June to get here!

Mentioned in this post
Holyrood Park
Holyrood Park
2,319 Reviews
Edinburgh, UK