We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Tartans

Texas
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Tartans

I've never been to Edinburgh, but I have a friend who would like me to find an item or two of their family tartan while I am there. Is it difficult to find a certain tartan in shops, or would I need to ask ahead, and if so, who would you recommend as a supplier? Thanks.

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
4,808 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Buying Tartans

Some items are available online

These are not necessarily recommendations just the result of googling

www.lochcarron.co.uk/product_info.php…

kiltmakers.co.uk/products/…kincaid-tartan-tie

scotsconnection.com/Kincaid-Ancient-Tartan/p…

And this one in the USA

http://www.clankincaid.org/shop.php

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,069 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Buying Tartans

You can contact this company ahead of your visit:

www.scotclans.com

And this is their information on the Kincaid clan:

scotclans.com/scottish_clans/…index.html

Texas
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Buying Tartans

I am looking for a tie, bow tie, handkerchief, or scarf. Something of that sort that a man would use. Since it is a gift, I didn't want to get anything that would need to have measurements such as a kilt or jacket. Thanks for the information from all of you.

14. Re: Buying Tartans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 18, 2014