We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mulled Wine

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
174 posts
365 reviews
Save Topic
Mulled Wine

I have a couple of trips planned to Edinburgh during December and January and normally when I visit at this time of year I love to have a few mulled wines in the bars rather than my usual tipple. I find though that the quality and price varies from place to place and just wondered if anyone can recommend anywhere to get the tastiest ones.

edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mulled Wine

If passing through the German Market at the Mound try the mulled wine

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,738 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mulled Wine

The atmosphere of the German market always sells it to me. The gluwhein is delicious, as is the mulled apple cider. Yum yum yum yum yum.

I love mulled wine, and I can't think of many other places I have seen it on the menu in Edinburgh.

Abs :)

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mulled Wine

We always go to the German Market and Scottish Village. Gluwhein, a venison burger and some German fried potatoes is just what you ned on a cold afternoon.

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,132 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mulled Wine

I was in the Cafe Royal this weekend- a beautiful historic bar in the centre of town but tucked away,- and they had mulled wine on sale. http://www.caferoyal.org.uk/

Scotland
Level Contributor
174 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mulled Wine

Thanks for all your replies. I will definitely be passing through the German Market for some Gluwhein and will also give the mulled wine in Cafe Royal a try.

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mulled Wine

Haha! I'm exactly the same with Edinburgh - I remember one in olde pub - Last Drop on Grassmarket...it's a Nicholson's pub, so may be same recipe to other ones in town - but that was a yummy orange & cinnamon type served with a stick of cinnamon too. Im going to try it at the market too..as it smelt great everytime we passed. Enjoy!

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Mulled Wine

Haha! I'm exactly the same with Edinburgh - I remember one in olde pub - Last Drop on Grassmarket...it's a Nicholson's pub, so may be same recipe to other ones in town - but that was a yummy orange & cinnamon type served with a stick of cinnamon too. Im going to try it at the market too..as it smelt great everytime we passed. Enjoy!

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,137 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mulled Wine

I think it's on sale in Aldi this week - heat it yourself at home, obviously. That's probably where the German Markets buy theirs from.

9. Re: Mulled Wine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, December 16, 2013