We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hen weekends in Edinburgh

London, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hen weekends in Edinburgh

Can anyone recommend a hotel in a fairly central location in Edinburgh for a party of around 12 girls? Ideally i'd like somewhere with a pool and pay around £80 per room if possible although I realise that might not be possible. Any recommendations gratefully received!

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hen weekends in Edinburgh

You wont find a city centre hotel with a pool at that price. You can get the Hoiday Inn Corstorphine Road, a short bus or taxi from the centre at 70 pounds per room. It has a pool. Or you can get the Holiday Inn Express at between 50 and 60 a room (no pool but central)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
366 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hen weekends in Edinburgh

Try the Novotel - it has a very small pool though and may be a wee bit more expensive!

Alternatively have you though about getting apartments. Royal Garden Apartments have nice big Penthouse apartments which sleep 6 each and you get use of the Health Club at the Scotsman Hotel.....

N.Ireland
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Hen weekends in Edinburgh

Dont try Novotel, apparently the dont do 'hen' weekends.

I am also having trouble finding accommodation for my hen weekend at a reasonable price. Any suggestions woudl be very welcome.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hen weekends in Edinburgh

Edinburgh is expensive , Premier travel inn is about as good as youll get for price think they charge £69 per room per night. Alot of hotels also wont take stag or hen parties anymore, the number of them in the last 2 years has risen dramatically, and with hotels running high occupancy levels throughout spring and summer they dont rely on stag or hens for business, and can sufficiently fill their hotels without so they dont need to take them with all the hassle that will probably be involved

edinburgh
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hen weekends in Edinburgh

Travel inn doesnt have a pool though. hotels that do are Radisson, Caledonian hilton, Balmoral which are way more expensive .

edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hen weekends in Edinburgh

Try Fountain Court Apartments - they have a large number of apartments on the west side of the city centre which can take larger groups. Their literature indicates that they have nearby recreation facilities including swimming and gymnasium. Their website is www.fountaincourtapartments,com

You will see numerous places advertising their availability but you will probably get a better deal going onto them direct. Shop around and see who comes up with the best deal.