We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Express Bus - London to Edinburgh

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
National Express Bus - London to Edinburgh

Hi

Anyone travelled on this coach? can someone share their travel experience? is it comfortable for a 9 hr journey? can we sleep well etc?

I plan a 2 day trip to Edinburgh in April and wanted to take the cheaper option.. Also, kindly suggest what are the MUST DO things for a 2 day trip.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: National Express Bus - London to Edinburgh

I had thought the OP was asking about April 2013, and then I realised that OP had probably done the trip!

So Har, if you plan early and do not change the travelling dates, it's better to go via East Coast Rail. The advance fare can be as cheap as £17 each way per person. The advance fares will be available approx. 12 weeks in advance. So look out for it!

I managed to get our tickets at £11.20 each way per person; group discount; 3 of us travelling to/fro Edinburgh/London for Hogmanay; booked approx 12 weeks before travel dates.

Hope that helps in your planning.

:) KK

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: National Express Bus - London to Edinburgh

$%^&*!!! This is a necropost.

Edited: 2:11 pm, November 04, 2012
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: National Express Bus - London to Edinburgh

It's not non-stop, no. It stops at some intermediate towns to pick up and set down passengers, but only for as long as it takes to do this.

There's also one longer stop (30-45 minutes) at a motorway service area.

Madrid, Madrid...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: National Express Bus - London to Edinburgh

Hi there, i did that journy 2 weeks ago and i took the night bus, i sleep prety well on the buses but i have to say that the night bus from london to edinburg is always full so it is a bit uncomfortable and the bus that they use for this journey it is S**T. In my opinion look for another company or another way to go

Edinburgh...
Level Contributor
5,099 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: National Express Bus - London to Edinburgh

For the benefit of future night owls.

You won't get much sleep on a standard bus; nor much room. However megabus are introducing sleeper buses initially from London to Glasgow and that means you can try to sleep horizontally!

Basically one service each night is a sleeper. Look at their schedules.

http://uk.megabus.com/megabus-sleeper.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ16itvaA8c

And I think this one IS non-stop.

Edited: 11:26 pm, November 11, 2012
16. Re: National Express Bus - London to Edinburgh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 15, 2013