We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Edinburgh Ticket

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
IRELAND
Level Contributor
93 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Edinburgh Ticket

Hi

Has anyone bought this?? Just wondering is it worth it? Arriving this weekend on Friday till Monday morning?

Had defo planned to do the Castle, was so so about the Yacht and hadn't considered the Palace.

All comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Edinburgh Ticket

The Castle and the Palace are very good, I was so-so about Britannia however others have liked it and having the unlimited use of the bus tours for two days is beneficial so would think it was a good buy. Even better if you know / find out any promotional codes for discount on the ticket.

IRELAND
Level Contributor
93 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Edinburgh Ticket

Hi Meks...thanks for that. Do you have any idea where I could get promotional codes - I've spent hours searching the web but no luck

edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Edinburgh Ticket

Apparently they sometimes appear on the web having been put on by some of the financial comparison sites, but cannot see any currently showing. Sorry

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Edinburgh Ticket

My parents are coming to visit Edinburgh and I am sending them to all three of those tourist attractions: the castle, the Palace, and the Britannia. I priced it out, and it was not worth it. I think they charge around 5 pounds more for the package. With the cost of the tour bus, you might save a few pounds, but I know they are not interested in the bus. They are coming in November, so it will be too cold for them to sit in an open-roof double decker. The pamphlet advertises 30% savings, and that number is ridiculous. Don't let them fool you with "complimentary audio guide" since the palace and yacht give you that with your ticket. Personally, Much of the prettiest and most interesting spots in the city center are not even reachable by bus (parts of the Royal Mile). So skip it and just go a la carte

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,645 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Edinburgh Ticket

It's £37 for adult tickets to the attractions, so the £43 cost of the Royal Edinburgh ticket is only £6 more which allows you to use ALL the bus tours in Edinburgh except the Forth Bridges tour. So the 30% saving is accurate - whether anyone would want to spend most of their stay on buses is a different question and hence the real savings are less.

Edited: 3:36 pm, October 07, 2012
6. Re: Royal Edinburgh Ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, December 16, 2013