We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premier Travel Inn

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Premier Travel Inn

There are two Premier Travel Inn hotels in Edinburgh described as being located in the 'city centre'. One is in Lauriston Place; the other is situated in Morrison Street.

Which of the two is more centrally located and suited to exploring the Scottish capital?

Scunthorpe, United...
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Premier Travel Inn

I would suggest there's not a lot in it, but Lauriston Place is probably better situated for the main sights.

If using a car check parking arrangements at both. (Lauriston Place is shown as having to use a nearby public park.)

If travelling by train then Morrison Street is close to Haymarket Station.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,550 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Premier Travel Inn

I agree with Wasleys. You will have trouble parking at either. It'll be expensive and to be honest, driving in Edinburgh is no way to see the sights. Its a great walking city.

Either of the locations are fine. They are actually fairly close together. Lauriston Place is handy for the Meadows, a large open grassy area thats nice in the summer, so thats a plus. Morrison Street is in more of a business area - lots of offices etc. I would happily stay in either.

Inverness, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,575 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Premier Travel Inn

>> If using a car check parking arrangements at both. (Lauriston Place is shown as having to use a nearby public park.) <<

There's a car-park right next to Morrison Street's Premier Travel Inn. I parked there last year and it was something like £7.50 for all day, which is excellent. (It's a public car-park). From there it was a short, easy walk to Princes Street Gardens, the Castle etc. No problem.

Sale, Cheshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Premier Travel Inn

I've just returned from staying at the premier travel inn on Morrisson street and it was fab. 10 mins to Princess street by foot, or the hotel has a man called graham who'll take you anywhere in his mini bus for £2 per person. fab.

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Premier Travel Inn

We stayed at Morrison Street and I agree it was very good. Easy to walk to Princes Street, good Indian restaurant just over the road, and other pubs and eating places close. We bought a day tripper ticket for the bus, which was very good value.