We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather right now

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
244 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather right now

Hi

I am heading out to Edinburgh on the 15th next week, Just wondering what the weather's been like and what it might be like when Im there?

I am just trying to figure out what kind of clothes to bring. Do I need to dress warm for the day as well? Seeing as I may be doing the touristy thing through the day and head to get drinks in the evening, Im wondering how to transition my attire without having to head back to our B&B to change.

We will also be going to the highlands/ Skye. Any idea what the weather's lile there now?

Should I pack woolies or light cardigans/ jackets? Are trousers/ full sleeves more apt than dresses/ sleeveless etc?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,659 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather right now

Edinburgh weather, like most of the UK, is wildly unpredictable. It's been around 20c and sunny but a range of 14c to 22c would cover what it has been in the last week or so. We had a tropical-like rain storm last Sunday which was unusual. It's unlikely to snow though :-)

Best to bring layers so you can sling on a jumper or jacket in the evening. I should imagine that coming from Dubai, Edinburgh will feel chilly even when it does get hot!

edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather right now

Would agree with the previous poster however ensure that you have something light but waterproof as there are currently rain showers

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,849 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather right now

I'm on the west coast of the highlands right now, close to Skye. The weather is currently coldish (13C) and rainy rainy rainy. Also very windy. There are sunny spells though, and I think the weather is set to perk up though :-)

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,849 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather right now

Update, at4pm this afternoon the clouds miraculously cleared and we have had bright sunshine ever since. Goes to show how changeable weather in the Highlands can be! I'd recommend bringing good waterproofs, but if you time your activities well, you could avoid the rain, as each day has periods of glorious sunshine...

5. Re: Weather right now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 06, 2011