We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

University of Edinburgh and nearby places

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Topic
University of Edinburgh and nearby places

I will be visiting my son at the University of Edinburgh in mid November. I know we should stay in centre city, but do not know where. what locations are best and/or names of b&b;s/hotels/etc. that are fairly reasonable and in good locations. Also, we will have a car and need places to drive to for day and/or overnight excursions. Thanks.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,775 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: University of Edinburgh and nearby places

there are several campuses for Edinburgh university spread throughout the city,most in the centre or south side of the city. www.ed.ac.uk is the university website and you can get an idea of the different campuses from there.There is also links to accommodation on this site.

Staying in the Newington area of the city( Craigmillar Park,Minto street ) would be your best bet.there are lots of smaller hotels a guest houses there.also you can walk or take a short bus trip to the city centre..it is also a lot easier to park a car in this area.Driving in the city center is a nightmare,so I advise you walk or take the bus.

www.visitscotland.com will give you links to accommodation in Edinburgh and elsewhere as well as ideas on what to do whilst in Scotland.you will only be a few miles from Roslin Chapel,as mentioned in the Da Vinci Code book and is an excellent place for a short visit.

hope this helps.