We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Store opening hours

Which Edinburgh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Budapest
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Store opening hours

Hi there just again :)

As far as I remember, the big stores on Princess Street were open until 10pm on Thursday. Is it still the case?

How about Sunday? What time do they open? 10? 12?

How about anything else? What is the general opening hours for pubs, restaurants, supermarkets, shops? Is there something I must know?

Thanks! :)

rosszkutya

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,634 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Store opening hours

Thurday is late night shopping but will vary from store to store. Normally 8pm is when they close. Sunday 5.30pm.

Pubs/Restaurants normally until 11 or midnight during the week, maybe later at the weekend.. Some supermarkets are open 24 hours (Asda/Tesco) you can check their websites for store locators and opening times

Scotland
Level Contributor
593 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Store opening hours

Greetings

Stores generally close at 8pm on Thursday nights. The rest of the week they are generally open from 10am to 6pm, with longer hours for some of the small corner shops if they choose.

On Sunday, things start opening around 10, though many smaller stores may be open for shorter hours (12-4pm or some variation on the theme). It really depends on the store and time of year - you find longer hours during the Festival (August) and during Christmas shopping peak times.

You can probably drink 24hrs a day in Ednburgh if you try, but most pubs open midday (for lunch) and are open until 11:30pm or (I think) 1pm on weekends. Clubs are permitted to be open later, depending on their license - I think last call is around 1:30am or 2am.. I think UncleGus and others can help your more with the details on pub hours :o)

Supermarkets tend to be open the longest hours. The large superstores can be open 8am to 8 or 10pm during the week, but the smaller city centre stores may have shorter hours. As suggested, check the store websites to get hours for specific branches.

Have fun!

Kate

Budapest
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Store opening hours

Thanks Kate, thanks Ronaldo for your replies! :) rosszkutya

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,876 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Store opening hours

<<< Supermarkets tend to be open the longest hours. The large superstores can be open 8am to 8 or 10pm during the week, >>>

The larger ones tend to be 24x7, it's the smaller ones that are open "only" to 8:00 or 10:00pm

Budapest
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Store opening hours

thanks Alanrow :)

6. Re: Store opening hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, September 11, 2009