We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage limit on Ryan Air

USA
6 posts
Save Topic
Baggage limit on Ryan Air

I recently booked a flight from Dublin to Edinburgh with RyanAir. I noticed that they only allow 15 kg for checked baggage, which is around 33 pounds. That shouldn't be a problem for me, but the person I'm traveling with is going to be traveling for 6 weeks and is pretty worried about being able to only take 35 pounds. Any suggestions on this? Is Ryan Air pretty strict about the limits?

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage limit on Ryan Air

They are strict and the excess charges are high. But you are allowed another 10kg for carry on. Most people appear to carry on their maximum as well.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
19,838 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage limit on Ryan Air

The are very strict and you can spend your full airfare end up being equivalent price to flying BA if not careful.

My suggestion... wear and carry on your heaviest shoes, coat etc and make sure your handluggage is not overly large and looks light even if it really weighs a ton!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,536 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage limit on Ryan Air

I agree with the other postings Ryanair would charge you for breathing on ther planes if they could .They are the ultimate budget airline make sure you read all the smallprint in your agreement because if there is something they can charge you for ;they will.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baggage limit on Ryan Air

I read that they are considering charging 50 GBP to check in bags. That way, with minimum cases to unload, they can turn the plane around even faster.