We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fringle festival,mill tattoo

Amsterdam
2 posts
Save Topic
Fringle festival,mill tattoo

Hey there iam going too Edingburgh the 25th of august and will stay there till the 28th,my question is ,what can i expect from the festivals,i know that the 25th is the last day of the millitairy tattoo and the 27th is the last day of the fringle festival...

whayt happens on these 'last day's'will there be a firework show on the 25th and the 27th?,the reason why i ask is because i want to ask my girl to merry me,just before the fireworks will kick off!!...

edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fringle festival,mill tattoo

There will be about a five minute firework display above the castle just about midnight on the 25th as that signals the ending of that performance and also the end of the 2007 Military Tattoo. The exact time the fireworks go off will be hard to predict as it depends on the timing of the last Tattoo performance. I would think that unless you are at the Tattoo you would have to be in the likes of Johnston Terrace- beside the castle to get an idea as to when the fireworks will start. There you can see the spotlight on the Lone Piper - high up on the Castle and that generally signals that that performance is coming to an end. You will then hear the massed Pipes and drums and thereafter the fireworks start.

There is nothing significant happening to end the Fringe Festival.

The big firework display is Sunday 2nd September and that lasts for about an hour.

Good Luck for your plans.

Amsterdam
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Fringle festival,mill tattoo

Hi Meks thanks for your reply,i'll have to ask her on the 25th then :)..

iam really looking forward the the weekend...for what i've read about untill now sounds realy great...thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,374 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fringle festival,mill tattoo

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186525-s1/Edinburgh:…

have a look at this link,should give you an idea of what the Fringe Festival is all about.

4. Re: Fringle festival,mill tattoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, August 23, 2009