We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
TripAdvisor
Edinburgh
Search

Restaurant advice please

Lancaster
Level Contributor
86 posts
44 reviews
29 helpful votes
Restaurant advice please
Save

My wife and I are spending a night break in Edinburgh next Thursday. Our favourite restaurant is Timberyard, but it is fully booked. Any thoughts about where we should try to find something similar in terms of quality and adventurous food will be very welcome.

Condita
$$$$, British, Scottish, International
Fortuna Coffee Bar
$$ - $$$, British, Cafe, American
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
50,210 posts
82 reviews
188 helpful votes
1. Re: Restaurant advice please
Save

Dunno how similar it is but my uncle and friends went to http://www.21212restaurant.co.uk/ for lunch last week and he raved about it.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
15,353 posts
65 reviews
27 helpful votes
2. Re: Restaurant advice please
Save

Gardeners Cottage

Lancaster
Level Contributor
86 posts
44 reviews
29 helpful votes
3. Re: Restaurant advice please
Save

Thank you both

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
311 posts
110 reviews
71 helpful votes
4. Re: Restaurant advice please
Save

Aizle

The Table - only if they have a cancellation though as it usually booked out 3 months in advance. We have been twice and it is my new favourite in Edinburgh. Going again in 3 weeks.

You may be struggling for availability at short notice though for these type of places

Edited: 8:30 am, April 25, 2017
5. Re: Restaurant advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 27, 2018