We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mini Tours of Scotland

Southern California
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mini Tours of Scotland

Have any of you heard of Craig's Mini Tours of Scotland? He sounds like a great way to see Scotland.

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
23,102 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Mini Tours of Scotland

there have been several very positive reviews of Craigs tours,put it in the search box and the threads should come up.

on the road in...
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mini Tours of Scotland

You really want to try Rabbies - they do the best tours and have a massive selection and go as far north as the highlands. They do a pick up on the royal mile in Edinburgh (or at least they did when I went). Really good excursions, lots of information and good prices too...

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Georgia USA
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mini Tours of Scotland

A friend and I spent 3 days with Craig last week in Scotland, and he made our trip! We were on a limited budget and he was willing to work within our budget to see the sites we could see without going over our limit. He told us the history, the folklore, everything we needed to be able to experience Scotland. We left the States as 2 southern belles but returned as 2 Scots lassies--Craig's enthusiasm for his country is so contagious that we didn't want to come home. I cannot stress enough to you that Craig McCall Flynn is worth every cent! When I am able to return to Scotland, it will be with Craig as my guide. He is awesome.

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Southern California
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mini Tours of Scotland

Thank you so mutch for your trip report "beverlys". That is so awsome, now I am even more excited!! We have a day trip booked with him for our last day there. Our trip is not until August, but I will definitely post about our experience.

Thanks again!

On another note, what were some of your favorite things in Edinburgh?

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
NY, USA
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Mini Tours of Scotland

My sister and I went in Jan 07 on a multi day tour of Scotland w/ Craig! He was top notch and Scotland is just beautiful. I've been recommending Craig and his tours to anyone who even whispers the desire to see Scotland! It was a truly memorable trip ...and I'll be back for sure!

Jackie S. NY, USA

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
89 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mini Tours of Scotland

Craig is BRILLIANT. We had him for one day only (sad!) but we did a lot and had a fantastic time. He's all about off the beaten path locations, and will tell you plenty of stories. I highly recommend taking one of his tours.

Southern California
Level Contributor
135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mini Tours of Scotland

I will just say the same thing everyone else has. He is the best, we had him for 1 day and it was the best part of our 2 week vacation. We are going back in 2010 and I am definitely using him again. I can't say enough about him. You must try him!

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
11,013 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mini Tours of Scotland

Read the report just below/above your posting on this forum from Lor2876 - she went on one of Craig's tours. It's a great report and may give you some ideas. She has posted loads of photos as well which are worth a look.

Pennsylvania
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mini Tours of Scotland

Craig McCall Flynn (Mini Tours) is just simply adorable: what great fun! Polite, cheerful and very knowledgable (watch out for a tall tale here and there), he definitely was a plus to our trip. One week in the Borders seeing the abbeys and one week west of Aberdeen seeing the castles - "it ticked all the boxes". Adding to the magic was the day trip to the Braemar Gathering and a glimpse of the Queen as her motorcade drove through the village. Lots of little stops we would have never known about - the Willliam Wallace statue and view and the salmon stream complete with jumping salmon. What a treat!

NE Pennsykvania

Mentioned in this post
Aberdeen
Aberdeen
Aberdeenshire, UK
The Braemar Gathering
The Braemar Gathering
77 Reviews
Braemar, UK
10. Re: Mini Tours of Scotland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 29, 2010