We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clock at the cross in Kilmarnock

scotland
1 post
Save Topic
Clock at the cross in Kilmarnock

Does anyone know who belongs to the clock at the cross it has been there for years and years. It was above was Rankin and Borland shop.

I was wondering who looks after it now

Is the town responsible ??????

Scotland
Level Contributor
24 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clock at the cross in Kilmarnock

Just noticed your post. Sorry for late reply. I think the one you mean is usually described as Cameron's clock since it was outside Cameron the jewellers, next door to Rankin and Borland. It is still going(I hope) and presumably maintained by the jewellers shop.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
791 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clock at the cross in Kilmarnock

Another late reply but it is as the previous poster said it belongs to the shop. The town is responsible for not a lot these days especially if you ask them to do something

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,870 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clock at the cross in Kilmarnock

I'm curious. What is your interest in this clock tappie, if you don't mind me asking.

scotland
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Clock at the cross in Kilmarnock

can i suggest you buy a watch.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
791 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clock at the cross in Kilmarnock

For info about the clock. Any old photos in the Killie Standard show this clock around possibly a hundred years + ago and it is about the only clock in the town that kept good time

6. Re: Clock at the cross in Kilmarnock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 02, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Kilmarnock