We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places to go

Which Dundee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
places to go

Hi, we are staying in invergowrie soon and was wondering if anyone knows of any places to go to. We have 2 thirteen year olds. thanks

Fife
Level Contributor
154 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places to go

Hi Eileen

You can try Captain Scott's ship the Discovery, Verdant Works, (should hold 2x 13yo attention for a bit) Sensation Dundee

Depends what they are interested in?? Click things to do on the left for a few more ideas.

If you have transport or time to travel you can be in St Andrews with half hour, Edinburgh 1 hour, Perth half hour.

JB

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places to go

(No offence to previous commenter) Verdant Works is soooo boring. I went when I was about 11 years old on a school trip. Also, everyone here wants tourists or visitors to Dundee to go see all of the places we are famous for like The Discovery Ship but I'm not gonna lie, it really isn't all that exciting. You should perhaps pay a visit to the Discovery Gift Shop and the Discovery Quay restaurant is great for food! But the Olympia Lesiure Centre (right next door) is a good place to go on a wet day! It has diving boards, a wave pool, a rapid river and 4 water flumes. Also, Camperdown Wildlife Centre (if you are into animals) and perhaps even St Andrews Aquarium if you're hiring a car. If not there are regular buses from the Dudee bus station to and from St Andrews that only take around 20 minutes. I personally love St Andrews Aquarium as they genuinely care about their animals and creatures.

alyth, scotland
Level Contributor
656 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places to go

you could check out the following. As per our local paper the dolphins have been sighted again in the Tay, so this could be great for the 13yr olds (and you of course)

http://www.tayrivertrips.org/

If you are into walking, cross the taybridge and near leuchars turn left for Tentsmuir sands nature reserve. great woodland with wild life trails and once you get to the beach - endless sand & wildlife & great for kite flying (as long as you keep them fairly low - the flyboys from Leuchars are not keen on getting entangled)

Near St. Andrews is the Secret Bunker - again something more for the 'boys'

http://www.secretbunker.co.uk/

and in St. Andrews the Golf museum - if you are there on a Sunday - a walk on the old course... for fans of golf a must.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: places to go

Wow guys i am so grateful. Thank you to jb 10 10,

kerry t and tomjunior. appreciated.

E

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places to go

depending when you are going the football will have started if the boys were interested ? both united + dundee playing spl games, and united playing in europe.

good suggestions made, possibly also visit ice rink which is very close to invergowrie. in the same area also cinema + restaurants.

looking for some history the pictish centre in brechin worth a visit.

http://www.pictavia.org.uk/

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: places to go

Hi George. Thanks for the info. Not so sure bout the football as we have 2 teenage girls. Ice rink and cinema sound good.

EILEEN

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
8,944 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: places to go

Hi Eileen, where the cinema and ice rink are located you'll find there is also a KFC and McDonalds for food and also a pub but I didn't eat there last visit so unsure what the food is like now?

Also the Wildlife Centre in Camperdown Park is not bad. We went there last week and spent a couple of hours. Not a massive place but we enjoyed it :)

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: places to go

Hi Hever yeah we were thinking of going to camperdown park. The kids and the adults like mcdonalds, will have a look at the pub, see what thats like. Thanks for thje info.

Eileen

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: places to go

The boys may enjoy Battlefield Live. I've never been myself but it's had a few good reviews on here.

http://www.battlefieldlivedundee.co.uk/

10. Re: places to go

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Dundee
Recent Conversations