We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dundee to Newcastle Airport

Malta
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Dundee to Newcastle Airport

Hi

i'm gonna be in Dundee and need to catch a flight from Newcastle airport in the afternoon. Can anyone please tell me what's the best transport to use?

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,046 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dundee to Newcastle Airport

I imagine you will have to go by train to Newcastle, changing in Edinburgh. From Newcastle you can take the Metro out to Newcastle Airport. Check train times with East Coast trains:

www.eastcoast.co.uk

Can't you fly from a more convenient airport, say Aberdeen, Edinburgh or Glasgow?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dundee to Newcastle Airport

Megabus also go from Dundee to Newcastle in just over 4 hours. Unsure if that would suit

Jamie

Malta
Level Contributor
24 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dundee to Newcastle Airport

@ wirewiper - the flights for Malta were either too early at 6am or there were no low cost flights availabe, so that was my other option. Thanks for your reply.

@jamieiam - will consider your reply too and see what's best.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dundee to Newcastle Airport

You are welcome PaulaMalta

Jamie

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dundee to Newcastle Airport

i think there is east coast service around 9am from dundee ,without changing gets into newcastle around 1pm the metro will take you to the ariport. eastcoast.com or scotrail .co.uk

6. Re: Dundee to Newcastle Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, March 06, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Dundee