We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any reviews for riverside apartments dundee please

Which Dundee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
any reviews for riverside apartments dundee please

We have booked accommodation at the above place and we cannot find any reviews about them. We have paid deposit and they want the remaining balance paid 6 weeks before we go. i am a bit dubious about it all. Can anyone help please? Is this a proper place to stay or are we in the process of making a big mistake.

Thank

Whiteones

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any reviews for riverside apartments dundee please

I checked out the website. The apartment is part of a residential block which is situated on what used to be the old docks in Dundee. The area has been redeveloped and there are now apartment blocks and some old buildings which have been turned into homes. I believe the accomodation is supposed to be of a high standard - they certainly cost enough to buy and those overlooking the river must have a great view. Some apartments were bought by investors looking for a property they could rent out. There is onsite parking and it's in a good location for exploring Dundee, but also for heading across to Fife or further up the East coast. There are also some restaurants within walking distance. I can't vouch for the validity of the website, although it looks genuine. If you're looking for self catering accommodation, another option might be Piper Dam which is outside Dundee - it has self catering lodges and also a swimming pool and gym on site, or Kingennie Lodges, north of the city. There are reviews for both these locations on Tripadvisor.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any reviews for riverside apartments dundee please

Thanks for your help. I appreciate that.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: any reviews for riverside apartments dundee please

I work in Dundee. if I can help in any way please let me know.

Emelda

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: any reviews for riverside apartments dundee please

Thanks so much. Is there anyway you could check out with an accommodation place in dundee to see if this is an authentic place for people to stay as I can't find any reviews from people who have stayed there and am worried about paying the whole payment 6 weeks before we get there. Just a bit suspicious. Thanks again

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
166 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: any reviews for riverside apartments dundee please

I checked out the Dundee Tourist Board website, but it's not listed there - however, I think that might be because it doesn't have a grading from the Tourist Board as all the properties on their site seem to have one. The Accomodate Scotland website through which you booked your property looks genuine, and also features other properties in the area, including the university flats which can be rented during student holidays. I can understand why you are feeling anxious - we book lots of holidays on line and there is always an element of risk, particularly like this one, when you are booking with an individual rather than a company.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: any reviews for riverside apartments dundee please

thank you so much for your help. We will contact the Dundee tourism and see if they can check it out. If you find out anything more that would be really great. It is a bit risky but hopefully it will all work out. We will do a bit more digging to ease our minds if we can.

Dundee, Scotland
Level Contributor
110 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: any reviews for riverside apartments dundee please

According to a website called ourproperty.co.uk:-

41, Marine Parade, Dundee, DD1 3BN, was purchased by M. Stewart & A. Stewart, (names on website) on 20th November, 2007 for £155,500.

I have rented a villa in Spain for this Summer, and had to pay six weeks in advance, so it is not unusual. My assurance was that I checked the owners address that I sent the cheque on ourproperty and 192.com, so at least i have a good idea as to where they live.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: any reviews for riverside apartments dundee please

Thanks very much for your feed back.

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: any reviews for riverside apartments dundee please

Have opportunity to work in Dundee in 2011. Have been offered 1 bedroom apartment (flat) in Charlstone Dve. Is this a safe area to live in? Are streets safe of a night. Is there much vandalism etc.

10. Re: any reviews for riverside apartments dundee please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:22 pm, June 20, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Dundee
Recent Conversations