We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel info please

Which Dundee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Benfleet,essex
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel info please

We are comeing to Dundee in May for long golf weekend Will be staying in the Fort Hotel like some information on Hotel what its like and is it a good location We are thinking of flying up day before either Glasgow or Edinburgh Would like to know is it easy to drive from either city to Dundee

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,608 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel info please

The Fort Hotel is not in Dundee but in Broughty Ferry a few miles outside Dundee.If you are there for the Golf then Carnoustie and Budden links are closer to you from there than from Dundee,so I would say an ideal spot.Been a while since i was in the area but lots of bars resturants etc nearby.

takes 60-90 minutes to drive from Edinburgh airport to Dundee. I used to do this on a regukar basis several years ago,but have not done it in over 3 years so my timing might be a bit out,I would add about another 30-40 minutes from Glasgow airport.really depends on time of day and day of week.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,420 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel info please

You can fly direct to Dundee from London City airport.

Dundee, Scotland
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel info please

Broughty Ferry is a really nice seaside location, lots of nice bars and restaraunts within walking distance. To name a few: The Royal Arch - great pub food, The Hotel Brought Ferry - best currys in town, Indos - another great indian restaraunt.

There are lots of shops etc. along the high street and a great italian cafe called Vissocchis which has amazing ice cream and also does a great pizza.

Broughty Ferry is a good location if golfing at Carnoustie.

I would say is easier to fly into Edinburgh, takes just over an hour to get from the Airport to Dundee, whereas glasgow would take a little longer.

4. Re: Hotel info please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, September 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Dundee
Recent Conversations