We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with swimming pool near Moffat

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with swimming pool near Moffat

Hi

We are travelling up to the Highlands from the south of the UK in a few weeks time and need to plan a one night stop over en-route.

We are looking to stay somewehere around Moffat within about 30 minutes of the M74.

Would really like to stay in a country type hotel with a swimming pool but struggling to find anything similar.

Does anybody know of something which might suit us?

UK
Level Contributor
463 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with swimming pool near Moffat

Cant think of any in Moffatt. But this one is within half hour of the M74. I havent been there myself so dont know what its like. Its called Hetland Hall en route to Dumfries on the A75 off the M74

hetlandhallhotel.co.uk/service-detail.asp…

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with swimming pool near Moffat

Moffat Hydropathic Hotel;

Sadly destroyed by fire in 1921, the Moffat Hyrdopathic Hotel epitomises the Spa Heritage of Moffat. Unfortunately nothing remains of this once majestic edifice, which opened in 1878...........

see www.visitmoffat.co.uk/pages/content.asp…

Sorry, but you missed it.......... that aside I don't know of one with a pool in or around Moffat. There is country house style like the Best Western Moffat House Hotel and others (see ad's to left of this forum) but the pool seems to be missing.

3. Re: Hotel with swimming pool near Moffat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, February 08, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Moffat