We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Which Gretna Green hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Have a wedding to attend end of July, looking for a reccomendation for a good hairdressers to do colour cuts

28 replies to this topic
Dumfriesshire
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Oh dear judit I'm very sorry you had a bad experience. Can I start your problems by firstly addressing the salon name we are hype not Hyde and all our staff are very very friendly and would never answer the phone in this manner no one would ever scream at you, once again had you brought this matter to our attention at the time we could have dealt with it. We have helped thousands of brides, sorry you felt the need to complain about this phone call on trip adviser.

12. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, March 20, 2014

manchester
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Awful experience last year for my daughters wedding charged more than they quoted and no one liked there hair, my hair was ridiculous like an awful birds nest wnen I like elegant soft look and the picture I took was completely ignored. Also ver rude bad mouthed staff don waist your time and money using them

manchester
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Awful experience last year for my daughters wedding charged more than they quoted and no one liked there hair, my hair was ridiculous like an awful birds nest wnen I like elegant soft look and the picture I took was completely ignored. Also ver rude bad mouthed staff don waist your time and money using them

Downham Market...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Hi, I will get married in gretna Green in August too and I choosed the smith hotel pamper spa, they will do your hair even if you don't stay there. I haven't got my own experience yet but I read reviews and all sounds good, so let's hope the best :) good luck to you too!

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

My sister used Hype Hair for her wedding in Gretna Green last year and to this date I am still hurt, upset and angry about their service. From our experience they cram as many weddings into a day as they possibly can, running from one to another leaving no time to give any bride the pampering and attention they should receive on their wedding day. Not one of our guests received the desired hairstyle they were looking for. There was no attempt to make curls last for an entire day, just a quick twist with the GHD's and your done! No prepping in curlers to create volume or lasting hold, my sisters hair had all dropped by the time she reached the ceremony. I requested a elegant messy bun to the side of my hair, I took a picture of the style I was hoping to achieve but what I got was a giant birds nest plonked on the side of my head! My mum's blow dry/style was atrocious, she too had took a picture of a very elegant, soft natural style with her fascinator clipped in place with hair entwined around it. What she received was a very harsh blow dry and what I can only describe as a square Lego head appearance, a far cry from the short wavy style she had requested. All our hair was covered in a white powder that felt horrible and left a horrendous texture in the hair, I think only a little root boost powder is needed for any style! We went on to find out that our guests were over charged for their hair, when my sister contacted them to query why prices were higher than quoted and to obtain her refund back they ignored our question of prices and denied all knowledge of the deposit taken at time of booking. Overall a very disappointing experience.

17. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:36 pm, September 21, 2014

18. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Removed on: 4:36 pm, September 21, 2014

Sunderland, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

I got married on 20 August 2014 in Dumfries.

Initially i contacted Complete Bride to do my Hair and Make up. Kirsty @ Complete Bride confirmed she could be my stylist, but at some point just ignored my emails, i went to send an email to her via facebook and saw some nasty pictures of her make-up kit which have also been licked by her dog, not a pretty view i have to say, so decided to look further and i have to say that i am sooo happy i did.

I had Michelle and Laura @ Au Naturel to do my hair and make up for me and i have to say i looked and felt stunning. They did exactly what i wanted and more. My bridesmaid and Mam were very happy with their looks too. I would highly recommend them. And they know what Customer Service is. I had a reply to every email i sent to Michelle either same day or next day the latest with all the answers to my questions. I am sure you'll not regret going for Au Naturel!

Downham Market...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

We've got married on 28th August 2014 and I choosed The Smith Hotels Spoiled at Smith saloon and I had my hair and make up done with them. They are all lovely and I enjoyed my time. Everybody loved my hair and I felt like a princess :) highly recomended!

Reply to: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gretna Green