We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Which Gretna Green hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Have a wedding to attend end of July, looking for a reccomendation for a good hairdressers to do colour cuts

28 replies to this topic
dublin
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

There is Hype Hairdressers that I had a colour and cut done it is on the main street in Gretna , they were lovley people to deal with and I was very happy with the results of my hair apt. I would highly recommend them.

Stevenage, United...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Actually, I would never recommend Hype hairdressers in Gretna. I had an awful experience with them. I got married in November last year and used the hairdresser from Hype. I have a short hair and all she had to do was to wash it and blow dry. She backcombed my hair and used some kind of talc powder. My hair looked horrendous! She completely ignored everything I asked her to do with my hair. I have never ever had such an awful experience at the hairdressers. It looked like a child did my hair, not a professional hairdresser who was charging me £50 for the pleasure. I was nearly in tears and asked her to wash my hair from that horrible talc and re-do it again, just to blow dry. She was not very happy about it but in the end the hair looked ok but not the very best. Personally, I would never ever use this hairdresser again. My wedding was brilliant and now looking at the pictures, I wish I had done a bit more homework and chose a good hairdresser. Ironically, that was my worst experience with a hairdresser.

Ballykelly, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

im getting married end of august next year in gretna and again am looking hairdressers preferrably one who will come to the hotel so far ive contacted 2 one got back to me and said they were free that date and asked how many did i have in my party which i responded to and have yet to know whether this is confirmed or not even with me sending an email asking for her to confirm it but still nothing yes i know its a good long way off yet but i wud prefer to be organised as im travelling from northern ireland over any help would be appreciated

Birmingham, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

www.blusha.com

Ludlow, England...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

I agree with Natalia, I would never recommend HYDE! I have a very bad experience. I tried to make an appointment before my wedding. The women who I spoke to was very rude. She screamed "What do you want?" and hang up. When I rang them again, her tone was even worse.... . I do not understand how can a salon (especially in the world famous Gretna Green) employ someone with such a poor communication skills.

Aberdeen Scotland
Level Contributor
259 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Michele at Au Naturel is fantastic! She came to The Mill where we got married.

Did me, my bridesmaids and a few guests. She was brilliant!!! I didnt meet her untill my wedding day and had only communicated via email. My hair had never looked that good!!!

She on facebook or google her x

west of scotland
Level Contributor
67 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Flawless Beauty Artistry, by Jasmine Bauld, I would highly recommend her as she came to my hotel, and was brilliant, find her page on Facebook! She kept in touch, and took loads of details and was very professional x

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Hi there, Just to let you all know i got married at Gretna Green last year at Anvil Hall on 11 August 2012 the day was fantastic with the sun shining and marrying the man of my dreams. Although not everything was fantastic, unlike some brides on their wedding day i felt anything but the PRINCESS i was meant to feel!

I had COMPLETE BRIDE come on the wedding day to do myself and my bridesmaids hair and make-up. The Hair and make-up was lovely , until......... i was at church and all my hair started falling out of the up-do style she had done for me. All day my hair was all hanging and dropping out it looked an absolute mess! I was the bride and felt any thing but.

I have just paid for all my professional photos and got them a few weeks ago. What a real dissapointment they are! my hair looks a mess in nearly all the photos!!!! I am so so disappointed i feel like crying every time i look at them. It was meant to be the most special day of my life where i felt like a true princess, so if you are wanting to feel and look like a princess i would strongly recommend you NOT GOING TO COMPLETE BRIDE!.

The day after my wedding i tried phoning them and on 3 other occasions i tried phoning them also leaving messages and my phone number and neither kirsty or her work partner got back to me. To me that is bad customer service. All she was bothered about was my money on the day in the quick rushed job she done!

The lady that done my hair told me she was getting married this year. If she is reading this,... How would you feel if this happened to you on your wedding day??

Corallady13

Coatbridge...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

I got married on Sat 8th June @ Gretna Hall blacksmiths,both Thelma and Helen from Hype came to my hotel room @The Gables Hotel,the girls were so friendly and happy which made me feel so comfortable with them,Thelma did my hair and it was AMAZING,everyone loved it and it stayed in all day and night,Helen done my make up exactly how i asked her to do it and it didnt even need touched up throughout the night. I would definately recommend the girls at Hype so thank you both so much for adding to my special day.Mrs Sharon Grant.xxx

Dumfriesshire
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,

Can I firstly just say I'm so glad your hair was sorted by us for you before your wedding day. I am however very sorry that you had a bad experience with ourselves, we do our best to provide our customers with there requests. But I am however disappointed to hear about your complaint in this fashion had you made us aware of your disappointment on the day we would have been able to have resolved something for you, we do our best to provide and set a very high standard and have satisfied thousands of brides But all I can do now is once again apologise and learn from your experience with us, but as I've said we do thousands of weddings to which I no we're happy. Manager of hype

Reply to: Hairdressers in Gretna green or close by ,
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted