We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding at Comlongon Castle

Which Gretna Green hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Wedding at Comlongon Castle

Could anyone please give me some help and advice about Comlongon Castle? We are an Australian couple who are eloping to Scotland to get married. Comglongon Castle caught my eye but I can't find any reviews or opinions about it anywhere! We are in love with Scotland and want somewhere beautiful to marry, can anyone help? I would be grateful for any input at all.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding at Comlongon Castle

hi mrsmcgregor

i will have a look for you see what i can come up with speak soon

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding at Comlongon Castle

hello again

the only one i could find is kayak.com/dumfries-hotels.comlongon-castle the review is not good its only got 3 out of 10 sorry hope this dose not put you off li keep looking

australia
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding at Comlongon Castle

Thank you so much Mike! I also found that review, but there didn't seem to be any details to go with it! It seems so mysterious that I can't find out anything about it. I am very grateful for your help.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,777 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding at Comlongon Castle

I agree its very mysterious that this place has such a low profile on the internet. I'm wondering if the hotel part of the operation has always gone by the name of the castle, or perhaps a different name altogether. If it previously used a different name that might explain it.

Now that Mike is on the case you never know what he might turn up.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding at Comlongon Castle

hi mrsmacgregor

sorry i cant find anything more on comlongon castle its like the castle dose not exist iv tried other names but know good. sorry i could not help in this matter .may i ask were your getting married at i may find you a better hotel

australia
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding at Comlongon Castle

Thanks Mike, we are looking for a 'castle' to be married in, whether it has its own chapel or we find a nearby church. We want to stay 2 or 3 nights and have our 2 children and about 3 friends coming with us from Australia.

So I guess we are looking for a castle/hotel with a restaurant and we would also like to have a falconry experience. My husband to be is Scottish, born in Dundee but left as a young child. We don't have a fixed place in mind to marry, all Scotland is beautiful.

If there are any suggestions I would be so grateful. I am just frightened of choosing somewhere without seeing it and then having a 'Fawlty Towers' experience.

Ballater, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding at Comlongon Castle

This link may interest you http://scottishwedding.visitscotland.com/

There are quite a few castles which can provide the full wedding package for you. It might help you to get an idea of what is available.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,420 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding at Comlongon Castle

I wouldn't risk it when there are so maby tried and trusted alternatives available.

How about Cromlix House? It has it's own chapel.

http://www.cromlixhouse.com/

Dumfries and...
Level Contributor
62 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding at Comlongon Castle

Don't rule Comlongon out just yet........... No news can be good news!

I've been at one wedding there a few years ago and am going to another in about 4 weeks time. It is a lovely setting and a beautiful building with lots of lovely rooms for the different parts of your day. Definately well suited to a smaller crowd who are looking for a unique, romantic location. The last wedding I was at was in November and we stood out on the balcony in the evening and they let of fireworks in the gardens. If you are still interested I will report back following forthcoming wedding as I realise it's been a few years since I was last there and as it was only the evening do I didn't sample the food or sevice, however reports from the other guests were good.

australia
7 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding at Comlongon Castle

Yes please I would definitely love to hear about your experience at the upcoming wedding. I would appreciate hearing EVERYTHING!

Get answers to your questions about Gretna Green