We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Newton Stewart to Preston, Lancashire

Which Dumfries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
preston
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
How to get from Newton Stewart to Preston, Lancashire

Hello, I will be returning from Newton Stewart to Preston on June 2. I am trying to find most enconomical way of doing so. I can take bus from Newton Stewart to Preston but it cost 28 gbp and in us dollars it's 56 which is a lot. I can take a train from dumfries to preston for 10 gbp but do not know how to get from newton stewart to dumfries. tried to look but either too dumb or can't find it. can anyone give me any advice? I would prefer to leave mid afternoon - i only need 1 way as friends driving me down earlier in week after we spend couple of days in edinburgh. thank you in advance..

uk
Level Contributor
384 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Newton Stewart to Preston, Lancashire

Hi - www.traveline.org.uk, click on Scotland and then use the journey planner

There is a Stagecoach bus 500 from Newton Stewart to Dumfries - leaves at 1345 - gets to Dumfries station by 1415, or 1555 getting to Dumfries by 1725.

Hope this helps. Didn't manage to find any info on the bus fares.

The single advance fare can only be used on the train that you have booked on so you need to be sure that you have time to make the connection as the bus may be late into Dumfries and then you'd end up paying more than if you got the coach.

preston
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Newton Stewart to Preston, Lancashire

janny1.you are an angel! i looked at website and it is super. thanks for info on bus as i could not find info any where. i will heed advice and make sure book train that allows for possibility of bus being late. i am obliged to you..thanks once again..

3. Re: How to get from Newton Stewart to Preston, Lancashire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, September 29, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Dumfries