We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stranraer or Cairnryan to Ireland

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,831 posts
300 reviews
Save Topic
Stranraer or Cairnryan to Ireland

We will be travelling from the Highlands to Belfast with a large group of kids (own transport) and I am trying to figure out the best ferry route. The times from Troon don't suit so what would be the best to go for.....Stranraer, Cairnryan or will it not make a difference?

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Stranraer or Cairnryan to Ireland

I often get very seasick so I'm wondering if you can go outside on to a deck on the cairnryan - larne 'ordinary' ferry,( i.e. not the fastcraft) - fresh air always helps. I know some like the HSS are 'enclosed' ferries - a nightmare if you don't travel well! all info welcome!

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Avebury, Egypt
Level Contributor
5,733 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Stranraer or Cairnryan to Ireland

Yes, you can go on deck if you like. There is also a "Quiet Room" and a video lounge - watching an interesting video may distract you from feeling sick.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,831 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Stranraer or Cairnryan to Ireland

Heading over again soon.....can anyone remind of the rough travelling time from Glasgow to Cairnryan?

Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Stranraer or Cairnryan to Ireland

Hi ! Can someone help to know if there is a bus or a taxi to the Cairnryan from the Stranraer Station? thanks so much!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Stranraer or Cairnryan to Ireland

Fabiola

You'd be best starting a new thread to get your query answered. People who might have the answer will not look at a two page thread with an unrelated title!

Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Stranraer or Cairnryan to Ireland

Thank you! I will do that!! :)

17. Re: Stranraer or Cairnryan to Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, March 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Dumfries and Galloway