We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Be warned - Angecroft Caravan park

UK
2 posts
Be warned - Angecroft Caravan park

WARNING TO YOU ALL!

DO NOT BOOK ANYTHING AT ANGECROFT CARAVAN PARK.

We made a booking, paid for it by cheque in February and it was cashed a few days later.

We have called over 20 times across 7 weeks as we received no receipt or confirmation and on 18 of those times we had our calls ignored. The first time my partner spoke to him he advised he forgot and would send out a receipt and confirmation the following day.

Two weeks later after not receiving anything I called back and was told that he sent the details out the same day he cashed the cheque – When I pointed out this was not what he said two weeks prior he got aggressive with me and hung up.

Our requests for a refund were also ignored. So after further calls,and emails we are left trying to recoup our money.

There are plenty of other options in the area as we have now had to rebook somewhere. So avoid yourself the hassle of contacting the bank to try and get a refund and book elsewhere!

60 replies to this topic
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
15,056 posts
323 reviews
1. Re: Be warned - Angecroft Caravan park

Link to the caravan park website please?

Did you pay a deposit or full amount?

UK
2 posts
2. Re: Be warned - Angecroft Caravan park

http://www.angecroftpark.com/

half the booking price

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,056 posts
323 reviews
3. Re: Be warned - Angecroft Caravan park

Have you spoken to Trading Standards? They are very helpful in sorting out this kind of thing. Doesn't sound as if the holiday place are the greatest communicators in the world thats for sure,but they have confirmed receipt of your cheque over the phone if I understand you correctly.

Have they indicated that you will not provide you with the holiday you booked?

Manchester, United...
2 posts
4. Re: Be warned - Angecroft Caravan park

Angecroft caravan Park is now under new management and you will find the improvements in communications are vastly improved. remember on this forum you only have a one sided view. I am a customer and very happy with the service provided by Angecroft caravan park. Its a beautiful site in a beautiful location.Enjoy. Dale

Solihull
Level Contributor
5,011 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Be warned - Angecroft Caravan park

>Angecroft caravan Park is now under new management

Sounds like this could be a post from management !

I note poster only has one post.

Selkirk
1 post
6. Re: Be warned - Angecroft Caravan park

As Proprietor of Angecroft Park, I am outraged by this anonymous posting.

Confirmation is always sent out promptly and bookings honoured. If someone has telephoned 18 times I can only assume they are calling an incorrect number! I can also confirm that I have received no approaches asking for a deposit refund and therefore remain puzzled as to the source of this complaint.

Liverpool
1 post
7. Re: Be warned - Angecroft Caravan park

To repsond to the post that the owner of Angecroft Caravan Park could possibly be as they've described is outrageous.

It is in fact still under the same owner, a very polite, helpful,, friendly and professional man. Although it does have new Managers on site.

My family and I have been holidaying at Angecroft for over 6 years, sometimes twice a year and spend at least every Christmas there. You could not meet a more hospitable and helpful owner and I vehemently defend him.

D.R. from The Wirral

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,056 posts
323 reviews
8. Re: Be warned - Angecroft Caravan park

So much outrage? Have any of you taken the time to write a review of this place, or any concept that one person might have had an altogether different personal experience than you? It's difficult to get a feeling of balance when so many of you have only ever posted the one time thus far. To the observer it looks more like a private spat being played out on a public forum. Just saying what it looks like, thats all.

Edited: 2:00 pm, September 06, 2010
Manchester, United...
2 posts
9. Re: Be warned - Angecroft Caravan park

I can confirm that I am not part of the management of the site. I am a full paying customer when I use the site. Please accept that the people who are happy with the site may also express their feelings, as I opted to do so. If someone has a problem they should stand up and be counted and not hide under a name.

Regards

Dale Fogis

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,056 posts
323 reviews
10. Re: Be warned - Angecroft Caravan park

Good for you! If you feel passionately about it then the logical next step is to post a review of your good personal experience on Tripadvisor's review section, where it is more likely to be seen than on the forums. When I say review I dont mean say just say it was good and highly recommended, I mean give some detail about your experience and share the kind of useful insights that will help others decide whether to stay.

simples;-)

Reply to: Be warned - Angecroft Caravan park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Selkirk