We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whitmuir Hall, Selkirk, Scotland

2 posts
1 review
Whitmuir Hall, Selkirk, Scotland

I have used Country holidays before, but never again after this one. Whitmuir Hall is advertised as a mansion, which it might once have been, now it is like a run down house made up of cheap squalid bed-sits. So many things were wrong: dirty, cold (heaters useless even after complaining) old tatty furniture, peeling wallpaper and shabby smelly carpet, one threadbare curtain where 2 (not threadbare!) should be, mousetraps in abundance, dusty and cobwebby to the point of worrying, unsafe (electric blankets not services for years), generally unsafe unchecked electrics, pool needed cleaning, laundry room only open saturday for 2 hours, (odd, as saturday is change over day, and the times coincided with leaving/arriving!). I have to say that I left 2 days early with my 2 sons because it was that bad. the caretaker was sympathetic but did not offer to sort out the problems. Country Holidays were even less helpful. I wasn't even asking for my money back, I just wanted to make some valid points, and they did not want to know. You have been warned, the photos they show on the internet are probably the top notch room, but even so, don't bother cos it'll be in the same crabby "mansion" .

Kent
1 post
1. Re: Whitmuir Hall, Selkirk, Scotland

We could not agree more, if only we had found this site before we booked our trip. We booked through Cottages 4 U and they did notb want to know when we called them on our arrival, there were so many things wrong with the place and it was actually sad to see the former mansion in such a state of disrepair. Having said all this we had a great holiday because that was always our aim, but the accommodation was very poor and very poorly equipped. There was only enough hot water for 2/3 short showers in an apartment for 6. The list of faults really is endless but with absolutely no back up from our booking company we simply enjoyed our days out. would definitely recommend you do not book with Cottages 4 U.

2. Re: Whitmuir Hall, Selkirk, Scotland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 am, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Selkirk