We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow to Aberdeen 6 days

New York
Level Contributor
3,404 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow to Aberdeen 6 days

I am looking for the best routing suggestions. Do want to spend a full day in Edinburgh, but otherwise open. Priority is scenery. Will have a car.

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow to Aberdeen 6 days

Hi

Did you mean to post this on the Glasgow forum - or are you also visiting Galashiels - am confused!

If you want to go from Glasgow to Aberdeen in 6 days - taking in Edinburgh, I'd suggest

Edinburgh as a day trip from Glasgow by train, then driving:

Glasgow to Fort William

Day in Fort William area

Fort William to Portree

Day on Skye

Drive to Aberdeen, via Inverness.

Hope this helps - am not sure if I've misunderstood what you want?

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
Aberdeen
Aberdeen
Aberdeenshire, UK
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Fort William
Fort William
Lochaber, UK
Portree
Portree
Isle of Skye, UK
Inverness
Inverness
Scottish Highlands, UK
Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow to Aberdeen 6 days

If I were you I'd stay at least 2 days in Edinburgh as it is the most touristy (in a good way!)and has the most to do. For your driving route, up the west coast via Loch Lomond is very scenic, and royal Deeside (Braemar/Ballater/Banchory) is also a nice route! Only tip is to avoid the M90/A90 option as it just a long and boring dual carriageway with nothing in the way of scenery, the smaller roads may take longer but are much prettier! Perthshire around Pitlochry/Crieff is nice too, a few lochs and hills :)

Mentioned in this post
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond
377 Reviews
Stirling, UK
Pitlochry
Pitlochry
Perth and Kinross, UK
Crieff
Crieff
Perth and Kinross, UK
3. Re: Glasgow to Aberdeen 6 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, September 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Galashiels
More Galashiels Topics