We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Over night stay in Oban with a trip to Mull

Glasgow
Level Contributor
170 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Over night stay in Oban with a trip to Mull

Hi all

Myself hubby and 5 year old son are looking to visit Oban in July or August time. We are looking to stay at Oban Bay Hotel and Spa as we have a voucher to use. We originally thought about staying on the Isle of Mull but figured paying £100 or so to take your car on the ferry was a bit much for 1 night. It would increase our costs so thought leave the car and get ferry across on foot. My question is whether this is advisable to travel to Mull without a car? We would like to visit Tobermory while there. Is it Ok without a car?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
622 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Over night stay in Oban with a trip to Mull

yes it fine without a car. Especially if you are just visiting Tobermory. Buses run really regularly from the ferry landing are reasonably cheap. There is plenty to do in Tobermory and surrounding countryside to keep a 5 year old happy.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
170 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Over night stay in Oban with a trip to Mull

Thanks Embrachap :)

Glad I don't need my car across

3. Re: Over night stay in Oban with a trip to Mull

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 12, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Oban