We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel

Gtr Manchester
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
hotel

I am trying to organise a group holiday to Oban (abt 40) Up to date I have been very disappointed in the standard of hotels from trip advisor reviews, most complain of dark dingy rooms, bad decor, poor food. (these are the larger hotels), good reports of b&b's and guest houses.

Can anyone suggest a LARGE hotel, spacious, comfortable, good food that I can look at.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for The Hebrides
Level Contributor
7,112 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel

Did you try the Isle of Eriska?

Oban, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
50 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel

It depends your budget and how long a stay you are looking for. The Isle of Eriska can host up to 50 so if you booked this hotel you could even have it exclusively for your party, It might be worth sending them an email to see if they have availability and if so, they may be able to come to some arrangement for you. Hope that helps!

oban
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel

CALEDONIAN (4 star ) best town centre, regrettably anything above average is out of town eg Manor House ,Georgian building Gallanach area

OBAN BAY worth a look

(ESPLANADEseafront setting)

ROYAL HOTEL in

ARGYLL SQUARE good 3 star

not too far out of Oban? consider

LOCH MELFORT HOTEL ,ARDANAISEIG ,

BARCALDINE HOUSE and ISLE OF ERISKAY all excellent

Edited: 4:29 pm, October 20, 2010
4. Re: hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:30 am, April 19, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Oban