We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday in Scotland

Which Oban hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gozo
Level Contributor
141 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday in Scotland

next August we re planning for a week holiday to Scotland.

we decided to spend 1 night in Edinburgh, 1 night in Glasgow, 2 nights in Inverness, 1 night in oban & 1 night or in Stirling or in Glen. We re going to rent a car. can anyone helped me plsss if we planned the nights correct? When I have to book for next August?

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,351 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Holiday in Scotland

The Tattoo tickets go on sale during December and are usually sold out by January (for August!!)so you really need to register with their site for web alerts if you want to be sure of tickets for a particular date. http://www.edintattoo.co.uk/

Stornoway, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Holiday in Scotland

Personally, (and I like adventure) I'd spend a day in Edinburgh and skip every other place you mentioned! That is if you like outdoor adventure. How about several nights in Skye? You can 'do' Stirling on the way past, and maybe spend a night in Glencoe. Inverness is only nice for its surroundings. The city itself is quite boring (sorry anyone who lives there!).

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,499 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Holiday in Scotland

I agree 100% with Adelle123. If you like adventure why spend your time in towns and cities? Get out into the countryside and have fun. If you tell us what activities you want to do we can help with ideas.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
10,049 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Holiday in Scotland

Hi, as others have said if you can tell us what you would like to do/see we will come up with suggestions for you, all i can add is that if you decide to carry out your original posting suggestions then i would do it in the following order to give you a more circular route and therefore seeing more of the Country, Edinburgh-Inverness-Oban(or Skye)-Glasgow-Edinburgh.

Stirling is only 45mins from either Glasgow or Edinburgh so can be incorporated in the journey from Glasgow and Edinburgh without the need for accomadation.

You could of course miss out Inverness to give you more time at the others, if it's Loch Ness you were wanting to see then scenicaly Loch Lomond is better and could be done in the Oban to Glasgow leg without accomadation.

Gozo
Level Contributor
141 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Holiday in Scotland

Yes we were going to contact secret Scotland to guide us properly. we like adventure like walking, visiting castles, beaches, mountains & of course sometime to relax eat & drink!! I would like to go to Glasgow to do some shopping

16. Re: Holiday in Scotland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 04, 2010