We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arran bookings

Level Contributor
166 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Arran bookings

We will be traveling from Larne,Ireland to Cairnryan,Scotland on the 31st of August, arriving about 12:30. Our original plan was to drive to Ardrossan and take the 3:15 ferry over to Brodick and stay either in Brodick or Lochranza for the night of August 31st before heading over to Kintyre and on to Oban. I've not heard back from email requesting booking information (Arran) for the night, and I'm now wondering if it would be reasonable to expect to find accommendation on Arran on a Saturday night at the end of August. What about finding some place to stay near Troon or Irvine without a booking?

In short, do we need to book in advance for a Saturday night stay(Aug.31st) on Arran or likewise for a place near Ayr/Troon/Irvine? Thanks.

Scotland
Level Contributor
474 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arran bookings

To be on the safe side you should book your accommodation in advance. I don't know where you are trying to book, but highly recommend Auchrannie Spa Resort - great service and great food at a reasonable price. I also recommend booking your ferry - apparently last year they were turning people away from Ardrossan because the ferries were so busy!

Incidentally, you might have better luck getting information about Arran etc on an Ayrshire or Arran forum. Arran is not part of Argyll and Bute!

Hope you get to Arran - it's lovely.

Get answers to your questions about Argyll and Bute