We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone gotten an accepted Priceline hotel bid lately?

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
410 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone gotten an accepted Priceline hotel bid lately?

Just wondering what Aberdeen hotels are in Priceline's 4-star hotel bidding these days. If anyone's gotten one accepted, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,967 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone gotten an accepted Priceline hotel bid lately?

I Googled this and it's an American website, so not a lot of people here will know about it.

There are never many bargains with the Hotels in Aberdeen. Aberdeen is the Oil Capital of Europe and the Hotels are always full.

The best bet for you is to book in advance one of the Travel Lodges or Holiday Inn Express's. There is a Holiday Inn Express right in the town Centre in Chapel Street. We have booked that for overnight stays when we have been to my husband's work dinner dances etc.,. If you book far enough in advance you can get it for as little as £29.00 per night B.&.B. However, leave it until a week before and the price rises sharply.

Edited: 4:33 pm, March 12, 2014
Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,678 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone gotten an accepted Priceline hotel bid lately?

Try the betterbidding website. People reveal what hotels they have ended up with and how much they paid.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
410 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone gotten an accepted Priceline hotel bid lately?

Thank you! I think I'm going to book at the Brentwood Hotel, which has several rooms reserved for the conference I'll be attending at U of Aberdeen. Great price (80 pounds in July), and seems like a pretty good location. Betterbidding doesn't have anything for the last year or so for Aberdeen.

Edited: 5:10 pm, March 12, 2014
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,967 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone gotten an accepted Priceline hotel bid lately?

Brentwood is in a good location for town. I have been there to eat a couple of times and a friend of ours stayed there last year and liked it very much. Very handy for the Music Hall, just up the road, you should check who is on when you are there.

I am sure you know it's not as convenient for the University but if you have transport, it will be fine.

Have a good trip.

Edited: 5:49 pm, March 12, 2014
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,329 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone gotten an accepted Priceline hotel bid lately?

Pricceline is great for major cities like London and Amsterdam but not so good for more out of the way cities like Aberdeen. maybe look at Lastminute.com mystery rooms or Hotwire.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,967 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone gotten an accepted Priceline hotel bid lately?

Sorry RonaldoC,

Aberdeen is not an "out of the way City" It's the Oil Capital of Europe. There is nothing out of the way about Aberdeen. I think the American, Canadian,,French, Dutch, German, India,West African, Russian people who live and work in Aberdeen would be amazed at that flippant statement.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,329 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone gotten an accepted Priceline hotel bid lately?

Don't be so sensitive. I just meant that for Priceline, which you admit you had to google to see what it was, it was not a major city. It is also not a major tourist destination. I am sure that even you would not compare Aberdeen to London or Paris, right? Oh and it is pretty much out of the way on the edge of Europe oil capital or not.

Edited: 4:39 am, March 13, 2014
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,967 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone gotten an accepted Priceline hotel bid lately?

I had to Google Priceline because it's an American Company which is why I had not heard of it. Aberdeen IS a Major City.It was reported last week that Aberdeen is second only to London for the price of property and also second to London for the number of millionaires who live there. Tell them it's on the edge of Europe.

Also the O.P is not a tourist he is coming for a conference.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,329 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone gotten an accepted Priceline hotel bid lately?

Ok ok , Aberdeen is great. One of the best, most underrated places on the planet. I can't imagine why it is not on everyone's bucket list.

>>Also the O.P is not a tourist he is coming for a conference.<<

I didn't say they were but Priceline is more prevalent in tourists hot spots. My post was about Priceline not having much of a representation in Aberdeen not having a go at Aberdeen.

Perhaps you never use any American companies (Trip Advisor is also based in the US, Expedia, Boeing, Cisco, Microsoft etc) but they are well know outside of the NE of Scotland. I use them to book rooms a lot. They also own booking.com, one of the largest hotel booking sites on the internet.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,967 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone gotten an accepted Priceline hotel bid lately?

My husband works for an American Company LOL. American Companies and Americans are thick on the ground in Aberdeen. However, like the Americans in Aberdeenshire I use U.K. Companies for internet searches.

Edited: 6:02 pm, March 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Aberdeen