We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aberdeen to Leuchars by train

Scotland
Level Contributor
259 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Aberdeen to Leuchars by train

Hi

Our family will be going to a show at the AECC in October. Just wondering how reasonable it would be to make last train to Leuchars afterwards (last train is just after 9pm) or if we should just book overnight stay at Holiday Inn at AECC or in town.

Thanks for any advice.

scotland
Level Contributor
172 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aberdeen to Leuchars by train

AECC is about 5 miles from station so you would need to leave plenty of time to get there. I think you would be better to stay overnight so you can relax. Check out booking.com for good deals

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,856 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aberdeen to Leuchars by train

Sorry AECC is not five miles from the Station it's about 2 miles. However, coming out of the AECC after a show is murder, lots of cars people etc., The area becomes a traffic jam How were you proposing to get to the station? buses and taxis will be full. I would stay over for the night and make your way home the next day. If you did miss the train accommodation would not be easy to find as Hotels book up quickly in Aberdeen. If I were you I would start to look now. We usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Aberdeen, book in advance and you can get a room for four with breakfast for £29.00. Also if you are in town after 9.00pm you can get a drink or even something to eat. If you prefer there are Hotels next to and near the AECC.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,559 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aberdeen to Leuchars by train

Got to agree with previous post, can take best part of an hour to get away from AECC

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,479 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aberdeen to Leuchars by train

Slightly confused by your question.

If you are going to an evening concert, then of course, it probably wouldn't even be finished at 9pm.

As you are considering you could maybe catch that train, does this mean you are gong to a day time event rather than an evening concert?

newtonhill scotland
Level Contributor
1,751 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aberdeen to Leuchars by train

Google maps say 3.8 miles between the two places. Unsure what show you will be going to in October but can say from visits that the new GIG an Go run by First Bus after the events are cheapest method back in to town taking between 30 and 45 minutes from end of concert to city centre arrival.

I would look at booking accommodation in town in advance.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aberdeen to Leuchars by train

If you are going by train the next day, perhaps book into the Jury's Inn at Union Square so you don't have any hassle the next day.

7. Re: Aberdeen to Leuchars by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, July 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Aberdeen