We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Day Meals

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
New Years Day Meals

Hi there, My wife and I are keen to go out for a meal on New Years day.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a nice restaurant whuch will be open on new years day? Preferably in the town centre so we can go for a few drinks afterwards.

Thanks

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years Day Meals

Best to head for a Chinese/Indian as most restaurants I'd imagine will be closed although hotels the likes of Malmaison/Simpson's would probably be open.

Remember too that taxi's will cost you more on NYD!

Edited: 3:54 pm, December 04, 2011
Aberdeen
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years Day Meals

Thanks, that's what we'll probably do then, did have a look on top table and it seemed that it was only indians and hotel restaurants that were open. Carmalite was one that we haven't tried before so maybe head there.

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
69 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years Day Meals

Ended up going to Monsoona on Bridge street, very good indian meal

4. Re: New Years Day Meals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, January 14, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Aberdeen