We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

changed flight times aberdeen to ibiza

Which Aberdeen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Keith, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
changed flight times aberdeen to ibiza

We are booked for a family holiday to ibiza 16th july flying at 16.40 from aberdeen returning 30 th at 0110 the company low costhoidays have changed the flight time to night flights leaving ibiza at 0340 getting in to aberdeen at 5..45 we tried to change the holiday but the company low cost holidays say there would be a cancelation fee they told us this after we had paid the holiday in full ther customer service is shocking it is in india has anyone else had this trouble

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: changed flight times aberdeen to ibiza

I recently had to cancel my trip to Spain with BA because they cancelled the first leg of my return journey despite it still being available on the Iberia website! They've yet to give me a reason why and their alternatives didn't suit me at all so I ended up cancelling the whole thing and got a full refund.

I've now booked with Ryanair to go instead. I've never flown with them so not sure what to expect!

When I looked into going, their flight times were first thing in the morning (both legs) but when I was looking into other options (prior to cancelling BA flights) the flight time had changed to late afternoon going out and late morning coming home - so unlike you, my flight times got better!

Are you going to go straight back to Keith after you land or had you accommodation booked given the previous arrival time?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
502 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: changed flight times aberdeen to ibiza

Could you use some punctuation please to make your post easier to read?

Have you checked the T&C as to what the company are "allowed" to do without penalty?

Are you thinking of cancelling the flights?

If the change is not "material" enough then I fear you will have to thole it.

Co. Kildare
Level Contributor
497 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: changed flight times aberdeen to ibiza

Don't want to seem unsympathetic but if what you have stated is correct, your return departure time has changed from 01.10 to 03.40 that's only 2hrs 30 mins difference.

As Gwestend says check your T&Cs however I would be very surprised if such a short time change would entitle you to anything, especially as you have been given 2 months notice.

<<the company low costhoidays have changed the flight time to night flights>>

I would consider a 01.10 flight a night flight too.

ne_quine

Despite the grumbles you hear about Ryanair they are actually quite reliable. You just have to play by their rules, that is the contract we enter into :)) If they do change the flight time after booking you will have the option of cancelling.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: changed flight times aberdeen to ibiza

I'll make sure I obey all their rules so I don't have to fork up a fortune at the check in desk!

Keith, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: changed flight times aberdeen to ibiza

hi we are going straight back to keith the problem is the way home .it leaves ibiza at 3.45. aberdeen at 5.45 we will be out a room at midday we have a six year old boy i dont think the origanal flight i dont think the flight were ever there because correct me if am wrong aberdeen airport closes at 23.00 the flight back home was going to land at 01.15

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,762 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: changed flight times aberdeen to ibiza

I have to agree with ski-er-co.Kildare. The original flight was also a night flight and the flight time change, although inconvenient, will not be considered a material change i.e. change from day to night flight. I don't think you have any chance of getting money back or a free move to another flight.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,036 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: changed flight times aberdeen to ibiza

You should be able to pay to keep your room for another day when you are there.

Aberdeen airport is now a 24/7 airport - it no longer closes at night and has been like that for a number of years now.

Keith, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: changed flight times aberdeen to ibiza

hi ne quine thanks for that i suppose we will just have to grin and bear it not the end of the world but annoying lowcoast were going to get back to us i wont hold my breathe .there customer service is shocking its in india it will be the high street from now on .We tried to book through first choice and the rep said she coundnt find the flights the original ones that might explain it now ,whats the saying you get what u pay for roll on july for some fun in the sun .

9. Re: changed flight times aberdeen to ibiza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, May 19, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Aberdeen