We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow in Nov

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Snow in Nov

Hi,

Will it be snowing in end nov?

10 replies to this topic
Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Snow in Nov

Maybe,perhaps a 25% chance, impossible to say with any accuracy until a few days before, sorry, it also depends. at what altitude and if you expect it to last.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Snow in Nov

A better chance than Whitby but, as we all said in your last thread, nowhere in the UK is good for certain snow, especially not in November.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,901 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snow in Nov

I just consulted my oracle and oracle says "the mists of time are too misty today. November snow - maybes aye, maybe's no".

Useless that oracle I tell you!!

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
19,450 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snow in Nov

Weather can only be predicted 7 days ahead, so no one would know.

Tell us what will be the weather be like in Singapore in November??

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Snow in Nov

I think the reason we get queries like this is because you can actually say with a reasonable degree of accuracy what the weather will be like in Singapore in November. But, for the OP, you have to recognise that the UK climate is a lot more variable. And snow in November, though possible, would be at the extreme end of possibilities. If you want to see snow, you would have a lot better chance in February, but even then you would be better advised to go elsewhere to be sure

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
7,895 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snow in Nov

It’s fairly unlikely, but completely possible!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,928 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snow in Nov

There might be some snow on mountain tops. Snow on the roadside or in town is unlikely. Not impossible, but I wouldn't book a holiday on the assumption you'll be able to build a snowman :-)

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Snow in Nov

And if it snows, you may not get where you want to be, or have booked,............Because of the snow......travel in Scotland is not enhanced by loads of snow

NY
Level Contributor
327 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Snow in Nov

I predict it will not snow in Aberdeen. It may not even snow in Aberdeenshire at that time. It may start to snow in Avienmore, the ski capital of Scotland.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
13,055 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Snow in Nov

25% is probably a good call. My God daughter lives in Aberdeenshire and her birthday is the end of November. She's 10 going on 11 and I can recall twice when she's had significant snow fall on her birthday and I think there might have been a third occasion.

Reply to: Snow in Nov
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted