We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in the month of September.

Singapore
Level Contributor
47 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in the month of September.

I read from a travel book that September is one of the wettest month for Scotland. Unfortunately, we are not able to plan the trip in the summer months. We are particularly interested in the Scottish highlands and Skye and it is likely that we would join one of the 3 or 4 days mini size tour with the operators as recommended in visitscotland.com. However, we not certain whether we should take up a tour which includes Skye because we are afraid to see nothing but mist in Skye during that time of the year. Could anyone advise please?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,809 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in the month of September.

<<< I read from a travel book that September is one of the wettest month for Scotland. >>>

EVERY month is one of the wettest months in Scotland - and also the driest, windiest, sunniest, cloudiest, mistiest, hottest, coldest...

Scottish (and for that matter British) weather doesn't really do distinct weather patterns except that it's colder in February than August (well most of the time)

In the past 100 years September has had a range of 31.6mm to 265.8mm of rain in Scotland so predicting what will happen this September is a mugs game (as even the Meteological Office will admit)

About the only thing guaranteed in Scotland in September is that it won't snow - except possibly higher up in the mountains - that sunset will be about 7:00pm and they'll be about 12 hours of daylight.

So don't worry about what a travelbook says

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in the month of September.

my tip - get a different book!! I have found September to be a lovely month in Scotland, less crowded and slightly Autumnal, you could get a wet week any month of the year, go for it.

Singapore
Level Contributor
47 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in the month of September.

Alanrow and FuchsiagirlEngland, thank you very much for your response and advice.

4. Re: Weather in the month of September.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:39 am, November 13, 2010