We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Derry this weekend...

Belfast
Level Contributor
36 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Derry this weekend...

Hello,

I'm staying in Da Vinci's this Saturday night with my girlfriend - it's been years since I was in Derry and I'm looking forward to it.

I know Da Vinchi's has had some negative publicity recently and was wondering if we could expect the bar in it to be busy on a Saturday evening?

Also, as we will be arriving quite early on Saturday I'd appreciate some suggestions for pubs that might have a good atmosphere and worth visiting in the afternoon for a drink?

Mentioned in this post
Da Vinci's Hotel Derry
Da Vinci's Hotel Derry
982 Reviews
Derry, UK
Derry
Derry
County Londonderry, UK
Brickwork
$$ - $$$, Asian, Contemporary, Fusion
Pyke 'N' Pommes
$, Fast Food, Fusion
Cedar A taste of Lebanon
$$ - $$$, Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Derry
Destination Expert
for Derry
Level Contributor
762 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Derry this weekend...

Hi AJQ5

DaVincis is a good choice for you.

I'm not sure what you mean about the negative publicity(perhaps the recent bomb? / older clientele on weekend nights?). Either way it's a very popular venue at the weekend and atttracts a mixed age group as well as quite a few hen parties!

I would be certain that it will be busy on a Saturday evening, especially from around 10pm onwards. Its a good venue because you could have a meal in the restaurant, sit in the bar for a few drinks and go into one of 2 discos to round off the night (without ever having to go outside - unless you're a smoker, but they even have a heated covered area for that!)

As for the early part of Saturday (say 12.30), weather permitting, it would be nice to take a stroll up the river walk from Da Vincis right to the city centre (about 20-25 mins). You could walk around the Walls, have a nice lunch in Halo or Fitzroys, call into Peadar O Donnells or The Metro for a drink and walk back to the Hotel along the river for about 5.30ish.

I hope this helps - feel free to post any other queries!

Edited: 7:32 am, October 13, 2010
Mentioned in this post
Da Vinci's Hotel Derry
Da Vinci's Hotel Derry
982 Reviews
Derry, UK
Belfast
Level Contributor
36 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Derry this weekend...

Shells99 - thanks for the tips!

Yes it was the bomb I was referring to.

Thanks again!

3. Re: Derry this weekend...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 12, 2011