We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Belfast with 2 young children

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
26 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Belfast with 2 young children

Hello-

I will be in Belfast with my children, ages 5 and 2, from Oct.4 through Oct.12.

Any recommendations on what things we absolutely must do? We already have a place to stay.

We will have spent the previous 2 weeks in London, Bicester, Dublin, and Galway.

I need replies soon as we depart on Sept.20!

Thanks!

SpokaneMom

City Walls
Historic Walking Areas
Guildhall
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Walled city Londonderry
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
26 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Belfast with 2 young children

I posted this in the wrong forum, but we will be visiting Derry for 1 day. Any ideas for Derry would be great.

Derry
Destination Expert
for Derry
Level Contributor
739 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Belfast with 2 young children

Hi there

I'm glad to hear you're planning to visit Derry while in NI. Things to do in Derry include;

Walking around the famous City Walls - great views, fascinating history (tour guides available);

Visiting some museums (Tower museum, Free Derry Museum)

Visit the Guildhall and the Cathedrals

Visiting the Bogside (Free Derry Corner and the Murals)

Take a short boat trip on the River Foyle ('toucan one cruises')

Unfortunately you will be here a bit early for Halloween as Derry puts on a great carnival for adults and children.

However, I'm sure you will manage to pack plenty in even on a day trip - the city centre is quite compact (plenty of shopping too!)

You could have a look on the tourist website derryvisitor.com for more info/ideas.

Enjoy your holiday!

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
26 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Belfast with 2 young children

Thank you so much for the great information! We are getting very excited for our trip and we are glad we will be able to go to Derry.

4. Re: Visiting Belfast with 2 young children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, October 10, 2009